Caring for a beloved senior in New Jersey, even though it’s incredibly gratifying, can also mean a lot of family caregiver stress. The 24/7 job of satisfying a loved one’s needs can quickly turn into caregiver burnout – a dangerous state which often means losing one’s patience and having uncontrollable emotional outbursts. This affects not only the caregiver herself, but her older loved one as well.
It’s very important to recognize if you might be close to developing caregiver burnout, and to seek help. The self-assessment questions listed below can assist in determining if you may have passed from just family caregiver stress into the more dangerous caregiver burnout:
- Are you suffering from headaches, fatigue, back pain, and/or feelings of sadness or depression?
- Do you no longer find joy in favorite hobbies or activities?
- Do you find yourself short of temper lately, either with your loved ones in private or in public?
- Are you ill more often than previously?
- Have you gained or lost weight lately without trying?
- Do you shout at your senior loved one when he or she displays upsetting behaviors?
- Do you feel more emotional lately? Do you find yourself crying for little or no reason?
- Are you having issues falling or staying asleep?
If your answers to several of these questions is ‘yes’, it is probably time to seek caregiving assistance so you can achieve a better life balance and recharge.
At Well-Being Home Care, our fully trained and experienced New Jersey caregivers are ready to help alleviate family caregiver stress by providing in-home respite care services – whether the need is for a few hours a week, or full-time, 24-hour care. This will allow family caregivers to enjoy a much-needed break in order to take care of their own personal needs, enjoy some downtime to relax, and be ready to provide the best quality care for their family member.
To learn more about our New Jersey home care services in Bergen, Essex, Passaic, Morris or Union County, contact Well-Being Home Care at 800.413.0013. At Well-Being Home Care, your health and happiness are our first priority. We provide better health through better care.